Friday, January 13, 2012


In one of the seminar I attended there was a girl sitting next to me. As the seminar was kind of boring I was making a sketch in a conference pad given to me and the girl typed a message for me in her mobile. She could not talk to me because I guess her mother who was sitting next to her had told her to be well mannered. I did not bother to see her phone and she was again and again trying to show me. Somehow I looked at her and smiled and she pointed her eyes towards her phone to show me the message she typed for me. I read it and she wrote ‘you draw very well’. On reading her message I silently said her 'Thank you' and smiled. When I left my chair and went out of conference room, I saw something of my interest, a village craft shop! I ran inside to see the beautiful handicraft stuff. It was great refreshment after two boring hours. I was looking around and I found a packet of gift tags with Warli painting on it. I immediately picked it up, paid for it and went back to the conference room. On reaching I found that the page I sketched on was missing and it was in that girl’s hand. I did not ask for it but she returned it to me after doing some research. She was very curious to know about me but as usual I did not bother to talk. She again typed a message for me asking ‘Where are you from?’ I answered her with a plastic smile and started listening to the speaker who was now a bit interesting. After some time she again called me saying that she wanted some space to go. I gave her space and very unintentionally I missed her saying good bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment